Just joined to search for tips and info on building Tamiya motorcycles.
I've started with a 1/12th scale Ducati Mike Halewood replica as I have a passion for motorcycles.
It's an old kit I bought off eBay - and I also ordered a brand new one from Japan - as I'm likely to stuff it up.
Below are some images. I'm using Tamiya Acrylic and another brand (I can't remember the name - they're in plastic with a small lid, not jar like Tamiya).
The issue I have which I believe is common, is the paint starts to dry very quickly which I think is creating more visible brush strokes than there should be.
This is most noticed with matt and semi-gloss black. The other issue with semi-gloss is it looks really glossy in some sections and less glossy in others.
I plan to brush everything paint use tamiya spray cans for the wheels and bodywork. I assume an airbrush is the best method, but I've never really used one before and I like the ease of painting and building an the dining room table.
The photos are close up so they do exaggerate the issues.